HUSKY LADY

DOG SLEDGING CHALLENGE 2006

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

ONE MONTH LATER

They didn’t forget. I receive an information pack that I look at with horror. There are headings that say ‘Doggy Facts’, Equipment List and Training. TRAINING? I am advised to start straight away. But surely you don’t have to be that fit to sit on a sledge or is it sled? I have to reach a level of fitness equivalent to walking twenty miles a day for two consecutive days

I did finish a walking marathon of 26 miles once for the World Wildlife Fund and the next day I could barely hobble to the bathroom.

Then I read the itinerary and that old cold arrow does its trick again. I sign the registration form, enclose my deposit and off it goes. I am committed – or I should be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home