HUSKY LADY

DOG SLEDGING CHALLENGE 2006

Saturday, November 26, 2005

THE COSTS

Update 26/11/05

The trip is going to cost about £2,300 to actually fly there and do it. That is what I will pay out of my own pocket. On top of that I have to raise £1,000 plus for the charity SPRI.

I am achieving this by asking for sponsorship instead of Birthday / Christmas Presents and it is amazing how much it adds up. I have already made about £300 in birthday money.

Shortly, I am going to put up a sponsor sheet at work which I hope will bring in a lot more.

I am also going to target a couple of companies to sponsor me and if they do, I will put a link on this website which in turn will be linked to the SPRI Friends website.

The money I raise will help SPRI improve resources which students and scientists use to research issues such as global warming and its effects on this planet. Research is also carried out on the changing habitats of birds and animals and sealife in the Polar regions. Most important it deals with how the indigenous people of the North are effected by climate changes and how their whole livelihoods are under threat and subsequently their existence on this planet. On this trip to Arctic Norway, we will meet with the Sami people who follow the reindeer herds and this I will find most interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home