HUSKY LADY

DOG SLEDGING CHALLENGE 2006

Sunday, March 05, 2006

SEVEN DAYS TO GO

This time next week, I will be in a hotel anticipating the next day. I will have met the rest of the team and we will all be wondering what the week has in store for us. This is the bit I both love and hate. When I went on my first horse riding expedition, I remember meeting all the other keen riders and realising that they could all ride much better than me. They were so confident and the more they talked about their fantastic abilities ' oh make sure you give me a really spirited horse', the more I shrank into my seat and thought 'SHIT'!!

Next week, I will meet superhuman beings who race up hills for hours everyday. They will have matching and state of the art clothing. I will look at my home made fleece in mauve, turquoise and fushia and the cheap ski pants I bought in Tk Maxx and want to die.

Of course this is last minute nerves and the fact that I have now contracted the office cold which has laid people up for weeks.

By tomorrow I will feel a lot better. I owe it to everyone who has sponsored me and I owe it to myself.

The local paper, the Richmond and Twickenham Times has run a small piece on me with a promise to do a follow up with photos when I have returned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home